Clear all

[Closed] v2.4 pg 37 Wheelman

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greymorn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Should be listed under "Defensive Driving" on pg 33 because that is the prereq.

I love how you do that BTW, that should be the standard in every RPG text!

Overlord
(@scribe)
Reputable Member Admin

Greetings Greymorn:

I appreciate the feedback. This is intentional. Some talents are a "tree" where the second talent is an improvement of the prerequisite talent. In that case, they are listed together. For example, Defensive Driving provides +1 Defense which is then improved by Evasive Driving which allows the character to Defend multiple times with a single Defend Action. Wheelman does not stack on top of Defensive Driving and so is listed separately. There are other examples of this like Evasion.  

Scribe of the Adventure System

(@greymorn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

You're missing an opportunity. You have a great idea and I wish all complex RPG systems did this. Nesting talents like this is clear, intuitive and very helpful when building a character or learning the game. It does make it harder to find specific talents because they are not all listed alphabetically, but you greatly reduce the amount of flipping back-and-forth required to make a decision on buying a new talent. To make the talents easier to find, the master list should also be nested so you can see at a glance that Wheelman won't be under "W" but under "D" for Defensive Driving.

Video games do this graphically, in an actual tree you can navigate. About time TTRPGs did the same.

Share: