Book I: Escape from Nox - Chapter 10: Descent into Darkness

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Overlord
(@scribe)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Day 50: At midnight, Never, Whitechapel, and Nai depart Fortune’s Bluff aboard Hexerai Xhil’s fast attack ship, Blood Moon. Under an hour later, they land a mile away from the entrance to the purportedly haunted mine owned by House Bellamy. Approaching cautiously, Nai is charged by a massive bear as tall as a man at the shoulder. It takes four or five rounds before they put the massive beast down and enter the mine. Descending a lift to the lowest level, they encounter a ghostly apparition in the darkened tunnel; bullets pass through it harmlessly. Except for Never who is struck down with terror, they charge past it and Nai finds a strange lantern-like device that seems to be projecting the apparition. Never can make nothing of it when he rallies himself and comes after them. Using his newly created geo scanner, Never detects a large cave beyond where orichalcum seems to flow. They quickly discover that the cave is being mined by a band of rock dwarves as fire from a gatling gun rattles down the tunnel. Tasking his hobgoblin slave to hurl a bundle of dynamite at the gun Never gets unexpected results when the hobs throw is short and he is riddled by the gatling gun. Taking matters into his own hands Never readies another bundle of dynamite and hurls it with catastrophic results. The dynamite hits a support timber and lands next to the demolitions pack triggering a massive explosion.

Scribe of the Adventure System

Share: