Clear all

ver 1.1, page 11, Training

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greymorn)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

'Training to achieve a desired skill greater than a d8 requires structured training or a teacher. The teacher must have a skill die no more than a step less that the desired skill die.'

I could read this a couple of ways. Does the teacher always need a certain skill level, or only if the skill is improving to a d10 or above? This also sound like a teacher with a d10 can't teach someone improving from a d4 to a d6. (... more than one step less)

Also, I'd expect the teacher would need a skill level equal to your target die (a d10 if you're improving to d10). We may have teachers out there who don't understand the topics they're teaching, but they probably aren't helping their students learn. You can't earn a black belt from a brown belt, right?

Overlord
(@scribe)
Reputable Member Admin

Yes, to get the benefit of the teacher, they must always have a "skill die no more than one step less than the desired skill". I moved that sentence up in the paragraph to make that clearer.

A teacher with a d10 does not have a skill die "less than the desired skill die" so the condition "no more than one step" would not apply and they could train someone with a lower skill.

I disagree with the later comment about the skill of the teacher. Those "who can't, teach". A coach is good example of this... Patriotism declared, Bill Belichick only played college ball, but seem pretty good at teaching football...

Scribe of the Adventure System

ReplyQuote
Share: