Book I: Escape from Nox - Chapter 3: 5:18 from Dredgetown

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Overlord
(@scribe)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Day 23: Expecting trouble from Creed when the brass carriage does not return, Never works feverishly in anticipation of the 5:18 train from Dredgetown as the dark grows longer and the eclipse brings frigid night to Nox. Grot Wonderbringer, cloaking his caravan in fey magic, makes away from the Landing taking Maddie with him. When the train approaches, a Gravitic Mine planted by the technomancer magnetizes the tracks and brings the train to a screeching halt. Lying in wait, Whitechapel and Nai board the train only to find it mostly empty. Using his badge to get past the engineer, Whitechapel works through the empty passenger cars backed by the navigator. In the second car, they find Creed’s attorney, Steveros Edmonson, and the surly Dunn, Deputy Albert Deeds, waiting. When bluff and bluster goes nowhere, in frustration, they depart and head back to where Never waits near the station. Moments after they arrive, gnolls from the train come stalking down the track. A bloody gunfight erupts. A pipe bomb, set up the track by Never, explodes killing half their number. The navigator, Xender Nai, shows an unexpected talent for murder gunning down the rest with a rifle from the Landing. With the Gravitic Mine released, the train rolls on to Depot 613.

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Overlord

Scribe of the Adventure System

Share: